Wednesday 4 December 2013

Studio Brief 1: Paint labels development




I think that this layout is the best, as it exposes the imagery well by leaving the middle blank. It also keeps the paint strokes parallel with the frame edges.

Add caption

I also think this composition is successful, as the paint is in the sky area of the line image which works well. I want to keep the text on the paper minimal. I plan to use 'photo frame' in there, because I think with just measurements it might be too boring, and it needs some more basic information.



In the above two screenshots, I added another piece of text: 'insert photo here', because it adds a little bit of personality and an extra colourful feature to the backing paper. The font I have tried out here is Ostrich Bold, which doesn't work as well with the paint; the details clash.


I have realised that for the different sizes of frame backings, I need to be conscious of the sizes of the text etc, and the composition. I have tried laying out the 6x4" frame backing here, which has two lines for 'photo frame' so that it can be read clearer, because it is the smallest frame.
I want to change the paint that is the background for '6x4', as I don't think it matches the other well enough.


I've experimented with the different brush strokes to see which fit the best.


This layout seems appropriate for the 6x4" frame. I'm not going to use 'insert photo here' because of the size of the frame and it would be too cramped.

No comments:

Post a Comment