Sunday 1 December 2013

Studio Brief 1: family photo idea



 I thought of a new concept, which would consist of a cliche family photo but with a twist: the heads would be cartoon and would have a creepy touch to them, maybe with 'x' eyes that normally depicts death. They could have different expressions on their faces. The concept behind this is the irony of the haunting or humorous warped faces when in the concept of a typical photo with beautiful people in it.



For my exploration into this idea, I found a family photo online and in photoshop I drew cartoon-y features onto the faces. Straight away the photo looks sinister yet quite funny.
Below are more experimentations I did with the photograph.





These photos create a sense of anonymity when manipulated, which is appropriate for the backing paper of a photoframe in a shop: why should you see the faces of these strangers when you're buying it for yourself? It destroys the idea of it being a perfect, pretty example. 

I don't think I'm going to take this idea further, as to me it is too simple and easy to execute. It also doesn't appeal much to the target audience I want to adhere to (young people).

No comments:

Post a Comment