Wednesday 4 December 2013

Studio Brief 1: Paint labels - development

I want to try to use the paint strokes I created in a simpler way than my last development, by having a blank background like below with the line drawing over it. By doing this I am trying to create a template for the buyer, so they can have a rough idea of how it may look if they put a photograph in it. But by creating a simple outline, it is not overbearing or too bold.





Looking at the strokes above, I am looking for ones that could make an effective backdrop for type.

I have chosen these paint strokes as the most interesting, as they are neat and long. I also think that text looks good on top of them. I want to use white text to match the background, and it stands out very bold against the paint.



I've tried out different looking paintstroke, which is wavy and very bright. I have enlarged it and stretched it across the whole image, which is definitely intriguing but quite overbearing, so I don't think I'll use this idea. 



I made the paint smaller on the page so that it only takes up a corner of the whole image. This way it can be used as a background for the frame measurements, like above. However, I will not use black text.


I'm currently trying to figure out how to place the paint on the page. If placed in the middle, I think the composition will fall apart and will be TOO distracting from the actual frame. I also don't know whether to use the paint strokes that have very contrasting colours in them like above; it makes finding a text colour difficult.




No comments:

Post a Comment