Tuesday 3 December 2013

Studio Brief 1: Paint idea further development

I want to try to collaborate the idea of using paint and the idea of a line drawing of a landscape that is a subtle example of a photo for the buyer. To do this I have found a photograph I once took of a beach, and I have altered the hue/saturation etc so that I can see the clouds clearer. From this I've outlined the hill, sea, clouds and beach very simplistically.


I've taken away the original image which has left a simple line drawing. I've discovered I want to make portrait frame backings - because more frames can fit on the shelves - so I have cropped and resized the image as seen below.



Next I have made the selection white and used the paint experiment as the background:


I've found that it would look better if the line drawing fits the whole image, so I've then made manipulated it like below.


design using typeface 'Basic Title Font'

I have mocked up some measurements to see how it could look if taken further. I am interested in using the typefaces Ostrich and Basic Title Font, which are very similar and very light in weight. They have a very modern and contemporary feel about them that I feel suits my target audience.

Overall, I don't think I'm going to stick with this design as I find it too in your face to be used in a frame. I think the colours are too dark, even if the paint has an interesting texture. The white is too hars against the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment