Thursday 9 October 2014

OUGD504 // Studio Brief 02: Logo development

Key aspects i am using in my design ideas:
  • cats, as it is aimed at cat owners/lovers
  • playfulness
  • friendliness
  • lightheartedness





  • The first things I noticed about the name 'Woozy' is that the 'w' resembles cat ears, and the 'y' a cat tail, so I've incorporated them into some sketches.
  • The 'w' makes for a upside down cat head, so I tried that as if the cat is playfully stretching or poking its head down. However, I think if its the wrong way up then it is confusing and doesn't work as a product logo. 
  • The top left sketch works better, as it is a nice use of negative space. I'm just skeptical about the neatness of it as some may think it is an extra letter stuck on if it isn't clear enough.
  • The 'oo' in 'Woozy' has potential, so I have played about with paw prints and cat eyes. However I think both may be too typical and widely used enough as it is.
  • I used the 'z' and added more of them to add the affect of sleep, while keeping the tail in the 'y' to make it seem cat orientated.




  • I have tried to fit the name in the shape of a cat or around the edge of the cat to make the shape. 
  • I drew realistic cat eyes with Woozy underneath, which I'm quite fond of. However, I don't know if it's clear enough that the eyes are feline.




  • I'm not crazy about any of these ideas,  however I like the idea of the cat profile outline. 




  • I thought of adding the visual of a proper hammock that people use, for imagery value. The ears and tail poking out make it clear that its for cats, and its quite minimal.


Chosen initial ideas:




Crit feedback:
  • The top left design is most popular
  • The big eyes don't reflect comfort, so it doesn't really suit the product.
  • Top right is effective

No comments:

Post a Comment