Friday 8 November 2013

Studio Brief 5: developing the image and type poster

I want to definitely use a islamic headscarf illustration, as I think it is very powerful and clear. I've tried to draw a new one from scratch on illustrator:


But I've soon realised that it looks like hair, and isn't as iconic as my drawing I did by hand. So what I have done is draw over the scan of my original drawing as below. I turned it white to experiment with it. Red and a very dark navy are my two colours I have chosen (with white stock).


I've found that the whiteness of the illustration is too vibrant against the dark background, I don't think it works too well. I'm also not happy with the arrangement of boxes, but I'm glad I've had the chance to play around and make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment