Friday 1 May 2015

Studio Brief 02 // Covered

Brief:
Following your initial engagement, locate one publication that documents the work of your chosen thinker and develop a design for a book cover that capably communicates something about its content.
Think visually, explore both literal and lateral responses. Explore working with text and image, both combined and separately. Consider the various techniques and processes that are available to you and their suitability for conveying or reenforcing the ideas that you are trying to communicate.
I have chosen to look into the works of Carl Jung, as I'm very interested in psychology and how the mind works. I have been meaning for a while to read some of Jung's theory, especially on the subject of dreams which have intrigued me for years.

Carl Jung
Carl Jung was a Swiss psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded analytical psychology. Jung proposed and developed the concepts of extraversion and introversion; archetypes, and the collective unconscious. His work has been influential in psychiatry and in the study of religion, philosophy, archeology, anthropology, literature, and related fields.

Memories, Dreams, Reflections by Carl Jung

This is an autobiographical book about Carl Jung's life and his philosophy. I plan on reading this book, however will not be finishing before the deadline. 

I find the book name interesting, as it has three subjects that subtly merge into each other... giving me some interesting initial ideas.

Some memorable quotes:

“We no longer live on what we have, but on promises, no longer in the present day, but in the darkness of the future, which, we expect, will at last bring the proper sunrise."


“The meaning of my existence is that life has addressed a question to me. Or, conversely, I myself am a question which is addressed to the world, and I must communicate my answer, for otherwise I am dependent upon the world’s answer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment