Monday 4 May 2015

Women in Film // Post-research ideas

Target audience: young people, aged 30 and under
Why?: My generation is impressionable, and are going to be the most important people of our future. They are also the people whom make up most of the movie audience.
By informing them on gender issues in the film industry, I will make them aware of how things need to change, and maybe they will be the ones to change it.

I have done a substantial amount of research on women in film, which has made me think of some practical ideas.
  • publication about women in film, including statistics and overall a lot of information
  • posters signifying harmful gender stereotypes in film
  • small zine including female character tropes, accompanied by appropriate illustrations
  • publication displaying well represented women in film
From the start I've been really interested in creating a small publication, as I want to explore my techniques in this area, but also because I think that it's an appropriate medium for explaining and informing people on this subject.
Creating something very simple with minimal text and illustrations seems the appropriate way to inform people on something that is serious - the audience isn't just feminists, I want to affect people who may have not noticed any of this previously. Specifically young people who are more impressionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment