Thursday 16 January 2014

Studio Brief 4: Design idea development

I want to create a set of three posters that promote an album artwork exhibition.


I have the idea to incorporate an already existing album design, so that instantly people can know the obvious about exhibition, that it's about music. Music enthusiasts would be instantly interested. Also, covers like DSOTM are very well known and iconic.
The text could be tied in with the rainbow coming from the triangle?


Various album covers fading off the poster?


Furthermore, I have thought of the idea of making the poster a record sleeve, which would look like it has been opened by pulling out the contents of it at the top. The cover could have a well known image on it, and the sleeve that has been pulled out can have the exhibition information on it. This creates a concept for the design and its a little more interesting than your usual art gallery poster.
The posters could also be literal size of what they are designed to look like.


If I used the 'Guilty Pleasures' artwork, I could use the mountains in the design as type? But I think I may not have enough time to recreate this, but it is a nice concept.

I thought that maybe one poster could be a CD - then the third could be another audio form. This gives a range of different styled posters and plays on the idea of vinyl really being a dying art, as its turned into a CD, then an mp3.
I want to do either that or each poster being for a different target audience, but its harder with the younger people to choose one album that could entice them all so maybe I won't use that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment