Saturday 8 March 2014

Studio Brief 2: The journey of the Selftea project

Twitter - http://twitter.com/theselftea
Instagram - http://twitter.com/theselftea


Joe created this logo for Selftea, which is a camera combined with a cup of tea to signify taking a selfie with a cuppa. We want to use this as are logo so we are recognised straight away.

Rebecca created a Twitter account and Instagram account for Selftea over the weekend, which I have acquired the login details for. 'Selftea' on its own is not available on either social networks, so we added a 'The' on the front which I think actually works well.
I made our Twitter icon the Selftea icon to create an identity, and added a bio.





I have been following lots of tea-related Twitter accounts, and also people I follow on my personal account to try to reach as many people as possible. As seen above, a lot of tea related accounts have followed back and also followed our Twitter page off their own back out of interest.



I have tweeted photographs of our posters, to create some content other than asking people to take selfteas. By tweeting regularly, it reminds people that we are still existing and ongoing, and reminds them of selfteas or even just tea, which will remind them to DRINK tea which is our goal.



Here are some more tweets I have done to get people's attention.


I tried to get the attention of Yorkshire Tea on Twitter, because they are quite successful at making people take selfies with tea.


I thought maybe by stating that I am drinking Yorkshire Tea I would get a retweet, which would reach an audience of tea lovers. Unfortunately we did not get any response.
I have also tried to do this with popular tea Twitters by asking them to share our page etc, but has not worked. Occasionally it has gained us followers, however.


Me and some others in the group posted about the Selftea project on our Facebook pages, which got some attention. I did this by taking a humorous selftea myself.


Instagram



As a group we have been trying quite hard to get a large amount of selfteas, by asking friends etc. However I took this further by using the Instagram account to our advantage. I searched 'tea' on the hashtag page and 'liked' a lot of the posts so people who our interested in tea would see our account.

 I then targeted some of the photographs under this hashtag that were essentially 'selfteas': the photos were the person with their tea.



 These screenshots above show people who have actually complied and thought the hashtag selftea was interesting. I was quite successful with these comments, and some people followed our Instagram.




Above shows photos on the #selftea hashtag page, where you can easily see how many are accumulating, and this is how we've kept track of how many selfteas we've been getting.

http://instagram.com/p/lNVQ1tR7jX/

I made a couple of short videos on the selftea instagram (above) just to post some content and encourage people to drink tea.


Promotion




We got a shout out from a tea Instagram with 26k followers who found us by chance, thanks to my exposure across the app of Instagram.



This is a second promotion we got, this time on Twitter by an advertising company with 700 followers. I didn't ask anybody to do this so it surprised me - my friend works for it so she must have wanted to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment