Monday 9 March 2015

Responsive // Oranges are Not the Only Fruit - development

By using watercolours I created a mood board of small illustrations, while keeping a loose style.
I've used dull blues and greens, as I want to create a dark, troubled atmosphere. The plants are to add on the scene of the path.


I experimented with painting eyes that will be representing simplified emotion, or people watching: I'm not sure yet.
I drew smooth, winding paths that will be on the cover. I found it surprisingly easy to create a smooth stroke.



After creating illustrations, I used diluted acrylic paint to create type for the book name. I experimented with cursive letters and all caps letters. I found the cursive type to not work as well as caps, as its more powerful. I find the two styles at the top of the page to be most effective as they are consistent throughout the whole name.



No comments:

Post a Comment