Saturday 26 April 2014

Studio Brief 4: Timetable development

I have decided to make a pack of weekly timetables that can be attached with paperclips to a sketchbook or notebook to make it less bulky which can be an issue with planners/diaries.
Every week the timetable will be changed and it will be a clean slate to start again. Some feedback on this idea was that maybe it would get lost or the student wouldn't have something to attach it with, but I'm thinking off attaching some paperclips to the pack. And yes, it could get lost whereas diaries are more durable, but I like the originality of this idea and it gets the student more involved as they have to change it every week.


I want to put on the back the question "did you reach this week's goals?" so that the student can see how successful they are at time management. They can then write below where they went wrong if they didn't achieve enough.


Something which I have never used before or don't see that often in the studio etc is a book band (or what is known as a belly band). It keeps things together or can be just for show. I would like to push myself and create one so that the name of the package can be on it ("Get it done") and so that the concertina booklet is attached snugly.




I created some prototypes to see which size would work the best. I'm trying to keep it small to match the concertina and to make the package the opposite of daunting; I want it to be playful and pretty. However if I make it too small then there won't be enough room for notes to be written.

  • 15.8 x 11.2cm is the size I'm going to use, which is bigger than the prototypes I created but its definitely big enough.
  • There will be approximately 5.6 cm in length for each day for notes to be written, except for the weekend where each day will have about half than that. I did this because I believe weekends need to be about relaxing, so there should be less on the lists. Hopefully this will encourage harder working on week days.

No comments:

Post a Comment