Friday 19 December 2014

Responsive // Feathr: wallpaper development


I came up with this illustration of joined facial profiles just by sketching whatever came into my head. I wanted to create something personal and I think this is an interesting and original idea that I haven't seen done before.
It is quite easy to turn into a repeating pattern, which I did by rearranging many times to make sure the lines could appear continuous.





I have tried out many colours, trying to create a design that isn't too overwhelming. The colours above are nice and quite appropriate for wallpaper, but I'm not happy with them entirely because they seem too normal.


I have been quite tentative about using a lot of black but I used an off-black background and a few different colours for the lines and I think the design is much more unusual and eye-catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment