Tuesday 16 December 2014

Responsive // Feathr: Pattern design research

Research

Firstly I have browsed illustrations and patterns that I think would be effective as wallpaper.




I am inspired by the colours used in these illustrations, and I've always wanted to explore my ability to illustrate aspects of nature eg leaves and flowers. Wallpaper is often linked to natural things, and plants are calming and popular in peoples' homes.



Colección de Libros - Editorial Pringles Press




Aves de papel para armar

Birds are often used as a decorative feature, which is what drew me to these prints which use a more modern take on a bird pattern. I really like it, however I think I want to take a more original take on wallpaper.



This illustration has inspired me to be loose with my ideas and create some artistic patterns. However I do not like the colours, they clash too much.




I really like the colours used for this pattern, and the illustrations are pretty and fit in well to eachother.





I like the overlapping of images in both these designs, which creates a forest like appearance. Something about them is calming and not overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment