Thursday 18 December 2014

Responsive // Feathr: Flamingo development

There are many wallpaper designs that feature birds as seen in my research, so I want to expand on this.
Flamingoes are very vivid and majestic animals, that are quite different to other birds. This makes them a different feature to other generic wallpapers.


Using acrylic paint, I have painted one using an orangey red palette. This colour is very vibrant and adds something new to the wallpaper scene!

I scanned it and made some changes to it in photoshop to make it neater. Feathr's submission page lets you view how it will look on the wall which is hugely helpful.



At first I have gone with the simple option of putting the flamingo on a white background without using a seamless pattern (they are not overlapping). I experimented with different sizes to try and judge how they will be viewed from certain distances. I found the first size more appropriate and more suiting for any wall size.









I tried lots more variations.. but I found that the simpler the better - let the flamingoes speak for themselves! Multicoloured is just too much for wallpaper.

I then moved on to overlapping the flamingoes to create more of an ongoing pattern - this was pretty hard as it meant I had to learn how to do seamless patterns in photoshop. It is straightforward but a long process to get it perfect.


In the end I chose a grey background and the flamingoes overlapping in a seamless pattern. This is simple but quite vivid. They look like they are doing the conga in diagonal lines so I've named it 'Flamingo Conga'!

No comments:

Post a Comment