Thursday 26 February 2015

Responsive // Feathr: Winner announcements

My flamingo design for Feathr was announced as one of the 100 to be featured and sold on their website! This means that for every sale I will get a 5% commission. 

I was then asked to send personal information and a high quality file to them with a bleed, which I did (and found quite a difficult process with having a seamless pattern).

This was followed up with requests for colour variations - something I took on board straight away. They sent moodboards featuring on trend colours palettes - I looked at them, but I decided to take my own route - the colours were completely up to the artists.








The staple design is the red flamingo, so I decided to make a version with an off-white background to give customers more flexibility. I understand that a grey background will not go with everything, unlike white. I didn't choose pure white as that would be a little too bright, making the flamingoes too harsh against it. It may be 'art' but it still has to be on somebody's wall permanently!

I then chose to completely change the colour of the birds - choosing pink and blue, giving the design versatility. The blue gives it a completely new feel and style, which will let the flamingoes attract more than one type of customer. I wanted to give a range of colours because red will not necessarily go with everybody's home interior. Hopefully this makes the design more appealing and I get some sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment