Tuesday 24 February 2015

Responsive // Secret 7": Development

I experimented with my ideas by sketching using a gel pen and watercolour pencils.


Drawing hands has proved difficult, so I've quickly given up on that idea, as I don't want to spend too long on this brief. I sketched some general things that spawned from the song's themes. I drew curled up bodies which came out alright.


I sketched lots of small scribbled faces while trying to signify the emotion in the song and the darkness of the situation. These are to be used to create how the face becomes unclear. The smudged black face will be the other person, who feels guilty about not recognising them.
I used watercolour pencils for the coloured faces, but they didn't turn out great as I smudged them too much.


Next I sketched faces that show obvious distress and emotion. I used water to make them warped and act as tears running down the faces. The blue face is a little too unclear. The black pen faces are stronger as they are bold and clearer.




I created this design on illustrator, inspired by simple illustrations I have come across. I have tried to depict a stormy setting crossed with the sunlight beating down, forming this dark puddle which could be interpreted as what is left of the person. The small lines at the bottom are to show a ground of some kind.


I moved the sun beams to make them more of the focus, and made the puddle bigger with a brighter colour so that it is a more important feature.
I also recoloured the bottom line green, to give the subtle effect of grass/ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment