Tuesday 26 January 2016

Secret 7" // Development

I have decided to develop further my basketball thumbnails, as I think the imagery is quite powerful and individual. 




I have started off by creating a basketball vector in illustrator using the shape and line tools. I have made a few variations to use as it will seem more like they are revolving and separate from one another.





I've created a solar system with a clear white line, then placing the basketballs on the lines like planets. This is to portray the way the basketball player 'Trevor' is consuming the protagonist's thoughts.



I have made the lines dotted, as this seems to break up the design - it gives it more depth and doesn't interfere with the basketballs too much, which are the vocal point.




I've messed around with the colour of the lines, as it seemed quite unfinished before.



I tried adding more lines to the solar system but this has just ended up looking messy and too much is going on. It also would not be practical with embroidery.


I've ended up going back to this design, which I will draw out onto some fabric and then embroider. I'm happy with how it looks, as the contrasting colours and circular design coincides well with Tame Impala's psychadelic music and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment