Sunday 24 January 2016

Secret 7" // Development: Medium

For this project I want to use new techniques and experiment a little. By creating a physical submission for Secret 7", it is much more likely to stand out.
I recently got an embroidery kit, which is something I haven't properly tried before, so I have decided to venture in sowing my design.

I've looked at contemporary embroidery online, and how its used to create imagery.

http://www.textileartist.org/10-contemporary-embroidery-artists/


Kazuhito Takadoi


Ana Teresa Barboza



 Lauren Dicioccio


Sarah K. Benning



These artists use embroidery as a medium for their work and it has given me a bit of inspiration of how to use thread effectively. I think it is going to be a long process but I look forward to it - I'm interested in experimenting and discovering what my strengths are. Even if this comes out as not that successful, atleast I've learnt something.

No comments:

Post a Comment