Tuesday 19 January 2016

Competition Brief // Secret 7"

Brief
Create a sleeve design that symbolises the song 'The Less I Know The Better' by Tame Impala.
If the design is chosen to be in the exhibition, it will be up for sale.
Be as creative and unique as possible; they are looking for something that stands out and shows true skill and creativity.

Concentrate your design on what will be the front, only this will be visible in the exhibition.

Mandatory Requirements
  • Your design must not include the artist’s name or the song title.
  • Dimensions should be 184mm x 184mm, with a 3mm bleed all the way around. That’s 190mm x 190mm in total.
  • Your file must be produced in CMYK so it’s set-up to be printed. Any PMS specials will be converted. Metallic or fluorescent inks cannot be reproduced
  • Your file must be 300dpi
  • Your file must be saved as either a Tiff, JPEG or PDF
  • You must have until 23:59 GMT on 2 March 2016 to upload your designs. Late submission will not be accepted. We advise that you don’t wait till the last few minutes to upload, as the site will be busy
Deliverables
  • A 184mm x 184mm record sleeve cover, physical or digital.
  • Accompanying design boards and blogposts.


It is that time of year again: Secret 7" is calling for record sleeve submissions from a choice of 7 songs.


Why have I chosen this brief?
  • I've always really enjoyed Secret 7". My designs have never been chosen so I am more determined than ever this year as I feel a lot more confident about my work.
  • It's really open and lets me be creative and think outside the box. I have just finished Context of Practice, so I need something to get my creative juices flowing once again.
  • Interpreting the music in my own individual way lets me think deeply about what I am designing.
  • If I get chosen, then my work will be out there and I will get exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment