Monday 1 September 2014

Summer Brief: Figure drawing

After contemplating ideas for a long while, I've chosen to collect research around figure drawing.
Drawing and art in general has always been a big part of my life, and I am always looking to improve my skills. I have a big past of drawing faces and facial features, and some experience with figure drawing. However, I've never really known how to easily draw people's bodies in the way that I want to.
This is now more important to me as I want to learn more about illustration in relation to graphic design.


Sources of research:

  • interview illustrators/artists who have an expert talent in figure drawing/people who run life drawing classes/videos
  • record my drawing knowledge/drawings/trying 'techniques'
  • look into books on drawing expertise
  • collect my drawings/art postcards
  • visit and photograph art galleries


Another option is to research pianos.

Sources of research:
  • hand movements/placements
  • piano types/keyboards/electric
  • music reading
  • techniques
  • interview people who play... people I know/music shops/online
  • piano books/shops

No comments:

Post a Comment